Thursday 26 April 2012

Barbara Kruger


Barbara Kruger 

[acessed 13/042012] online http://www.barbarakruger.com/
I liked that Kruger’s works were messages and that she mainly used reds and black to make her pieces stand out this stood out to me as I often use just red and black in my own work which are bold colours and that her works could be translated though the colours she

The colour red can be translated into several meanings
‘Red has more personal associations than any other colour. Recognized as a stimulant, red is inherently exciting and the amount of red is directly related to the level of energy perceived. Red draws attention and a keen use of red as an accent can immediately focus attention on a particular element’


I see red as representing passion and often anger.
now the colour black is often mistaken as it is not a colour but scientifically it is a lack of colour and absence wear as the the colour white is all colours combined into the light spectrum I learnt this back in school but it is also lent when you learn the colour wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment